Broadband describes always-on, wide bandwidth or high speed Internet access provided by various wired and wireless technologies including Digital Subscriber Line (DSL), Cable, Fiber, Wireless and Satellite. Originally designed to connect computer users to the internet, Broadband Access Networks are increasingly used for Telephony, Video Conferencing, IPTV and the Internet of Things.
What is Integrated Access? Integrated Access is a service model where multiple services are delivered on a customer premise from a single Broadband Access line. An Integrated Access Device terminates the broadband or wide area network service and aggregates multiple channels of information including voice and data across a single link to a carrier or service provider.
What is Converged Access? Converged Access is the way access networks are deployed where policy decisions are enforced at the Network Edge. Converged Access intends to reduce or minimize unnecessary traffic traversing the access network and simplify network management. Multi-Service Edge Devices are deployed that integrate provisioning, service management, traffic management, survivable telephony, firewall, and VPN security.
Patton Integrated Access Solutions
- Patton’s SmartNodes are Converged CPE products which represent the newest multi-service access technologies for Service Providers.
- SmartNodes offer a broad range of integrated WAN interfaces, including ADSL, VDSL (with advanced vectoring), G.SHDSL (with EFM wire-bonding), Fiber FTTX, Carrier Ethernet and Wireless Broadband.
- SmartNodes deliver Edge Services including Routing, SIP, Session Boarder Control, Survivability, Traffic Shaping, Policy Routing and Converged Voice and Data Security (Firewall, VPN, TLS/SRTP etc.).
- Integrated DSL access means Service Providers can optimize their existing network infrastructure to support advanced services, enabling not only higher speed broadband, but Telephony/VoIP/SIP as well as Video services.
- The Patton Cloud leverages SmartNode edge devices to empower Service Providers to deploy, provision, manage, monitor, secure, alert, troubleshoot, analyze and optimize integrated or converged access services.
Delivering BroadCloud UCaaS Profitably and Efficiently with the Patton CloudDelivering BroadCloud services profitably means Service Providers must address customer needs with efficient CAPEX and OPEX by controlling service quality, security, reliability, manageability, maintainability, and interoperability at the Edge.
Delivering SIP Trunks Using BroadSoft (now Cisco) Profitably & Efficiently with the Patton CloudWhether via BroadWorks or BroadCloud, delivering SIP Trunks profitably means Service Providers must achieve efficient CAPEX and OPEX by controlling service quality, security, reliability, manageability, maintainability, and interoperability at the Edge.Related Solutions
The Scouts Needed Voice and Network Services Where No Service Provider Could Deliver: At a Camp on the Side of a Remote MountainThis Boy Scout camp is isolated 30 miles from the closest town and out of range for cellular or broadband services. Using Patton Ethernet Extenders, VoIP Routers, and Creativity, they were able to build their own solution.Vodafone: A Phased, Zero-Touch Migration Strategy from ISDN to All-IP VoiceUsing Patton eSBC devices, Vodafone Next Generation Services (VNGS) devised a transition strategy enabling existing on-net and off-net subscribers of Vodafone NZ to migrate at a controlled pace from ISDN to SIP Trunking with automated provisioning and minimal service disruption.Other Resources
Integrated Access Guide
Network Access Products